.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thinking Out Loud

Friday, October 06, 2006

Off to Archon!

I'm headed off to Archon soon, a local gaming convention here in St. Louis. Surprisingly, despite having lived in St. Louis for nearly 12 years now, this will be the first time I've attended Archon -- and I'm really looking forward to it.

As a favor to Joseph Goodman of Goodman Games (who gave me my big writing break to write D&D modules for his great Dungeon Crawl Classics line) I'm running several sessions of A Question of Morels, a scenario I wrote for DCC #29 - The Adventure Begins. It's about an herbalist in need of some rare mushrooms to brew his potions, but -- surprise, surprise -- things don't quite go as planned.

I'm also running several sessions of A Crash Course in Cthulhu, an introductory scenario for Call of Cthulhu which I've run nearly a dozen times, and always have a blast. I've written detailed backstories for all the pregenerated investigators, so they each have motivations to tie them into the clues and plot hooks that come up. And each character has one reason to like/trust one of the other characters, and a reason to dislike/distrust another. It's a great time.

I'm hoping this will help satisfy my craving for RPG gaming, or it may be just a tiny taste which turns my craving into a ravenous hunger. Either would be fine with me. Hopefully I'll also be able to get some boardgaming in over the weekend. We'll see how it goes.

I'll be wearing my custom name badge featuring my BoardGameGeek username Ynnen and my avatar. If you are attending Archon and bump into me, say hi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home