.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thinking Out Loud

Monday, August 07, 2006

Prepping For GenCon >> Crazy Week Straight Ahead

Well, it's the homestretch... Or whatever you want to call the pre-GenCon prep phase. Aside from prepping the D&D tournament module I'm running for Goodman Games again this year, I'm also trying to organize the prototypes I'll be taking along, and trying to develop some last minute tweaks to Forbidden City. I'm also looking forward to getting a lot of gaming in this year with my fellow BGGers.

Highlights to include:

- Look for me at the Goodman Games booth (#439 - right next to WOTC) on Thursday. I'll be working the booth a good part of the day, and have two signing sessions for two new D&D products debuting at GenCon this year

- I'm attending a pre-screening of Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising by Dead Gentlemen Productions, a movie based on a bunch of guys playing D&D. I wrote the official module adaptation for the movie, which was pretty damn fun

- I left my early morning slots open this year, so I'm hoping to stop by and pester Zev at Z-Man and Jay Tummelson at Rio Grande before standard exhibitor hours

- Dom Crapuchettes (from Northstar Games, maker of Wits & Wagers) are going to grab a beer and talk about games and gaming

- I have more time in the evening, where I hope to run into all my BGG friends at GameBase 7 or the 500 Ballroom where the majority of open boardgaming is.

I've printed a nice laminated name badge with my BGG username ynnen clearly marked, as well as the BGG logo and my "karate chop" avatar, to make it easy for other BGG members to recognize me. If you see me there, please stop by and introduce yourself. I love hobnobbing with my fellow gamers.

So, as this crazy week gears up, I'm heading out Wednesday bright and early. This might be my last post until after the 'Con, where I'll spill all the gory details about the fun I had and all that jazz.

3 Comments:

  • Don't forget to stop by the Forge booth!

    By Blogger Seth Ben-Ezra, at 9:25 AM  

  • Absolutely -- especially since I'm hoping to have 2 indie RPG products available for next year... I need me some time at the Forge. Or perhaps a trip to Peoria to game with some hard core indie designers...

    Hope to see you there!

    By Blogger Jason Little, at 9:27 AM  

  • Sadly, I will not be able to do so. Moving and then another move in my near future (all within Peoria) has eaten up all my time and resources. But perhaps another year.

    And you're welcome to pop in when you're in the area!

    By Blogger Seth Ben-Ezra, at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home