.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thinking Out Loud

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Geekway to the West >> The Panic

The Geekway to the West 2006 starts tomorrow, at 9 AM. At our house. And I'm a wreck. I've barely slept in three days, and have a long list of things to do before tomorrow.

Did I clean everything? Did I print out enough trivia answer sheets? Do I have all the name badges? Are all the prizes cataloged? Do I have enough seating? Did I get enough food?

While I strive in this role -- as host and "face man" for an event -- I have to admit I'm a bit of a mother hen. I worry about every little detail. I desperately want everyone to have a good time, and unfortunately, if 59 people have a GREAT time, and 1 person is miserable, a part of me will consider the Geekway a failure. Absurd, I know, but I'm crazy like that.

That said, I think I've prepared just about as well as I can. But even so, there's always a nagging doubt. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if I'm as prepared as I think I am.

Here's a small Geekway Tracker that I had inserted into the Yahoo! group so members could see the progress as we went along. The "registered attendees" is a bit misleading -- since there are folks who have signed up via the local Boardgame Meetup whom I don't know, as well as quite a few people who have said they'd show up for a bit, but probably not for the whole event, or friends/significant others that some of the attendees are hoping to entice.

I'm realistically expecting anywhere from 60-70 attendees over the course of the event. And I'm pre-giddy with anticipation. It's going to be a great weekend.




-- Geekway Tracker --

Donations Received: $125

Operating Expenses: $385

Games Donated: 48

Registered Attendees: 51

Geeks Adopted: 9


(updated 4/27/06)


2 Comments:

  • Take lots of pictures. :)

    By Blogger ekted, at 10:45 AM  

  • I'll bet it will be a huge success. Take time to enjoy it, amid all the hustle and bustle, and tell us all about it next week.

    By Blogger Gerald McD, at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home