.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thinking Out Loud

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Gone Gaming Guest Spot >> Games that Tamper with the Space-Time Continuum

Last week I was struggling to find something to occupy my mind. Thankfully (sodaklady), one of my GeekBuddies from BoardGameGeek, came to the rescue! She's a regular contributor to the Gone Gaming blog, a great gaming blog featuring a host of savvy, well-written and interesting game nerds just like me. Well, not just like me. After all, DWTripp is a regular there... :)

Anyhoo, due to some scheduling quirks, sodaklady was looking for someone to fill her next contribution. I was pleased as punch when she asked if I'd be interested in writing something for the Gone Gaming blog. So I happily went about trying to settle on a good topic.

I had it narrowed down to two possibilities:

1) Games that Tamper with the Space-Time Continuum. Those games that bend the fabric of reality and let time slip past, turning hours into seconds... or those dreadful games where time stands still and you feel you're trapped in some bizarrio Twilight Zone episode.

2) Confessions of a Collectaholic. I like to say I'm an avid game collector, but that's not quite accurate. I'm an obsessive collector. Some of what I collect happens to be good games, but there's a lot of crap in my collection, as well. It was to be a humorous look through my horrible habits.

I ended up setting on Option 1, the Space-Time Continuum thingie. The latter is still pretty interesting, but will take some more thought to pull off properly. And it's a bit disheartening to see just how pathetic I am with my game purchasing trends... Why oh why did I pick up a copy of Clout Fantasy? Paranoia the Card Game? Sigh...

Anyway, please feel free to hop on over to Gone Gaming to read by guest entry: Games that Tamper with the Space-Time Continuum. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

  • I have to clarify that *you* did *me* the favor and honor of sitting in for me today. Thank you, Jason.

    Now, about your next idea.... ;)

    By Blogger sodaklady, at 8:52 AM  

  • Why did you pick up Clout: Fantasy? So you could mention it in your blog and get the me to say, hey...it *is* pretty fun!

    Adam "Wildcard" Conus
    Hidden City Games
    http://cloutfantasy.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger HCGAdam, at 7:33 PM  

  • I have to admit, I haven't played Clout yet -- it's almost a running gag. I do like the concept, but the myriad special abilities and exceptions seem incredibly unwieldy compared to the simple concept and default action... I'm hoping it might make an interesting manual dexterity game akin to X-Bugs, though.

    By Blogger Jason Little, at 8:11 AM  

  • Let me know what you think if you ever do play Clout. If you post the term "Clout Fantasy" anywhere, I'll find it.

    -Adam

    By Blogger HCGAdam, at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home