.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thinking Out Loud

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

GenCon 2005 >> The Gamers and Me

FYI - If you're going to be at GenCon 2005 in Indianapolis , there's going to be a screening for the movie Gamers: Dorkness Rising on Saturday, August 20th at 10 PM in a venue TBD. There should be info available at the Goodman Games booth and at some of the screening/movie auditoriums. I'll be running a celebrity gaming group through the D&D Module I wrote for the movie beforehand, as folks file in... So far the scheduled players in the game session include Monte Cook, Aaron Williams (creator of Nodwick, who appears in the movie) and several actors from the movie or members of Dead Gentlemen Productions.

Why am I so excited about this? Earlier in the year, I was approached by Joseph Goodman to write the "official" module for the movie. I got a sneak preview of the script, and worked long and hard to develop a Dungeons & Dragons module that captured the spirit of the film script and the Gamers' license, and am very pleased with the results. The module is at the printers, and will debut at GenCon.

As added geekiness, I've been asked to sit in on a signing session, where we'll be signing copies of the module at the Goodman Games booth from 10 AM to Noon on Friday. So stop by and get your copy of the module signed by the author! I hear he's a pretty swell guy. :)

And for over-the-top geekiness, I may be interviewed about writing the module for inclusion in the bonus material on the DVD! Guess I'll need to, like, shave and stuff... Hmmm... What to wear?? My +1 T-Shirt of Protection?

By the way, if you're going to GenCon and are an active member of BoardGameGeek, keep an eye out for me -- I've made a laminated badge featuring the BGG logo and my avatar/username for easier reference. If you see me, stop by and say hello!

Hope to see you at the 'Con!

2 Comments:

  • It would be fun to hook up at GenCon - looks like we have a range of overlapping interests (both boardgames and RPGs). I'll be there with my son most of the con, and will be working at the Days of Wonder booth with him for about 5 hours total. Maybe we could meet on the show floor at some point, wander around, and chat.

    -Chris
    http://www.chrisbrooks.org

    By Blogger Chris Brooks, at 8:45 AM  

  • Very cool... I'll definitely be wandering around the exhibitor hall during my spare moments. If I catch you at the DoW booth, I'll introduce myself to kibitz.

    By Blogger Jason Little, at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home